Are you hoping to extend the life of your diesel engine for as long as possible? If you want to enjoy smoother engine performance and avoid diesel engine repair in Shelby County, TN, there are a few simple steps you can take.
That’s right—there are no big secrets here. The fact is, you can take some very easy steps to extend the life of your engine. Start with these five:
- Keep it lubricated: How often do you change your oil? This regular maintenance task should be completed every 5,000 miles. With synthetic oils, you may be able to get away with changing it every 10,000 miles, but it’s better to play it safe. Oil changes aren’t very expensive, so try not to push it past 6,000 with synthetics. An extra oil change here and there is still cheaper than diesel engine repair in Shelby County, TN.
- Keep it fresh: How old is the fuel filter in your vehicle? This part protects your entire fuel system from dirt and debris. If it is not changed as needed, debris can enter this system and cause premature wear and tear on your engine. You may suffer from problems with the injection pump and injectors and end up making expensive diesel engine repair in Shelby County, TN. To avoid these additional costs and extend the life of your engine, simply replace the fuel filter regularly.
- Keep it original: Have you heard any advertisements for performance products? Performance injectors, chips, enhanced fuel pump features and other products claim to upgrade your vehicle. While some of these features may increase your engine’s performance, many are not worth the investment. For all their hype, they do little or nothing to enhance your engine. In fact, they may shorten the life of your diesel engine. The manufacturers test the engine extensively to maximize its performance, so the original equipment is often best left as is.
- Keep it maintained: Don’t ignore “minor” issues in hopes that they will go away or that you can save money on diesel engine repairs in Shelby County, TN. If the check engine light comes on, or if you hear a strange noise from your engine, do something about it right away. Small problems can quickly become big ones. To keep repairs, costs and inconvenience to a minimum, make repairs as soon as possible.
- Keep it in good hands: If you need diesel engine repair in Shelby County, TN, make sure you partner with technicians who specialize in this type of repair. Allowing those who are under-qualified or inexperienced to work on your vehicle can result in more harm than good. To extend the life of your engine, work with trusted professionals.
When you need expert diesel engine repair in Shelby County, TN, contact the experienced professionals at United Diesel Power. We are accredited by the Better Business Bureau and bring nearly three decades of experience to every job. Our services are available 24/7, so you know that you will always be covered. We are the company everyone knows they can trust to get them back on the road. Reach out to our team today!
Categorised in: Diesel Engine Repair
This post was written by Writer