RV owners must be careful and take all the necessary precautions with their vehicle and their plans before heading out on the road. Simple mistakes can result in catastrophe, and it’s important to avoid those mistakes at all costs. While you can always call a local mobile RV repair service in Memphis, TN to help you get back on the road, it’s always best to prevent issues if you can.
Here are just a few examples of some of these most common mistakes:
- Failure to make reservations: You absolutely must make it a priority to make reservations for a spot at a campsite, long before you head out on the road. Plan out your trip in advance so you can ensure you get a spot. Make sure you read all the rules and specifications for accommodations, including the age of motor homes, the sizes of RVs allowed (or that will fit) and the ages of guests.
- Failure to plan a route: It’s crucial to plan out a route in advance for your RV so you do not suddenly find yourself stumbling across a low-clearance road. There are simply more considerations to factor into your route planning than with standard passenger cars. You need more truck stops and rest stops and more gas stations, and will want to avoid low-clearance roads or tight, winding mountain paths.
- Not performing a walk-around: Every single time you’re about to hit the road in your RV, no matter how long you’ve been out of the vehicle, you must perform a walk-around. This gives you an opportunity to carefully inspect the vehicle and make sure everything is in place. Check the antenna, lights, connections, windows and vents, make sure awnings are folded up and that storage doors are closed and locked, check all cupboards and appliances in the vehicle to make sure everything is sealed up properly and test all lights and signals for safety.
- Speeding: Speeding is dangerous in any kind of vehicle, but especially in a large RV that is difficult to stop. Speeding puts you and your passengers at risk, as well as anyone else on the road. Plus, you should aim to plan out your route in such a way that there’s no need to rush. Give yourself plenty of time to get to your destination. Traveling in an RV is all about enjoying the sights in your surroundings, not about rushing to get from point A to point B as fast as possible.
- Not following campsite etiquette: When at a campsite, it is important to follow standard etiquette to make sure you’re not disturbing other people around you. Abide by all the rules of the RV park. Don’t play music too loud or too long, or too late at night. Avoid walking through other people’s campsites, and don’t let your engine run for more than a few minutes. Pick up after all pets and make sure your kids abide by the rules of the campsite as well.
These are just a few of the biggest mistakes made by RV users that you should avoid. For more local mobile RV repair service in Memphis, TN, reach out to the team at United Diesel Power today.
Categorised in: Mobile RV Repairs
This post was written by Writer